International Federation of Hard of Hearing People
Has charitable and benevolent aims and is a non-political and non-sectarian organization.
Who does it help?
Hard of hearing people of all ages and their families, including (together with the International Federation of Hard of Hearing Young People - IFHOHYP) young people.
- Deafened adults.
- People who suffer from tinnitus or ménières disease.
- People who have a cochlear implant.
What does it do?
- provides a platform for co-operation and exchange of information between hard of hearing organisations.
- promotes greater understanding amongst hard of hearing people throughout the world.
- encourages, supports and takes part in the investigation and research into hearing problems, and fosters solutions to those problems.
- stimulates the search for solutions to communication, education, employment and other problems facing hard of hearing people in daily life.
- co-operates with international organisations and national governments on matters of concern to hard of hearing people and their organisations.
- promotes a positive attitude in hard of hearing people towards themselves and towards their role in society.
- promotes understanding and a positive attitude by society towards hard of hearing people.
IFHOH now has 45 general and associate members in 29 countries.
General members are non-commercial, national organisations of and for hard of hearing and deafened people. General members have voting rights at general meetings.
Associate members are grouped in three categories according to their status. The categories are:
- International, national and regional organisations that pursue the same aims as IFHOH and do not belong to an umbrella organisation affiliated to IFHOH.
- Individual Members and contact persons from countries where no IFHOH members exist.
- Sponsoring Members who may be individuals or bodies interested in supporting IFHOH and its aims through significant contributions.
S - 113 84 Stockholm
|Since 1946, we have been passionate about developing quality hearing systems that enable people with hearing difficulties to enjoy authentic listening experiences. With Swiss Engineering, precision technology, and our commitment to individual service, we strive to exceed our customers' expectations. Our aim is to provide extra value to our partners every day. Bernafon representatives and employees in over 70 countries fulfill our vision to help people with impaired hearing communicate again without limitations.|
| With 60 years' experience and more than 5,700 specialist centres in 20 countries, we're the world's leading dedicated hearing aid specialist.
All our hearing care is tailored to each person's hearing and lifestyle needs and is delivered by professionally qualiﬁed hearing aid audiologists.
From our comprehensive hearing assessment to your programme of Free Lifetime Aftercare, we are committed to help you get the very best from your hearing.
|At Widex, we combine years of understanding with a natural curiosity in finding solutions to individual hearing loss. Our uncompromising approach to innovation has led to such advances as the world’s first fully digital in-the-ear hearing aid, as well as our own revolutionary wireless technology.But hearing aids are more than the technology inside them. Not only should they help people hear better, they should be comfortable and easy to wear. We concentrate just as much on design of hearing aids as on technology to create a near-natural hearing experience.We also believe in clever solutions and that things can always be done better. Our entirely CO2-neutral headquarters in Denmark is testament to this commitment.We listen to and work closely with professionals and users alike as we build on more than five decades of leading research and development in overcoming hearing loss. In our continuous search for unique and clear solutions to complex problems, we strive to give people with hearing loss the same opportunity to communicate as those with normal hearing.|